A sweet potato crust holds tangy goat cheese and herbs for the perfect brunch star.
Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Tart
Serves: 1 (10-inch) tart
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups shredded peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Garnish: ground black pepper, chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir in hash browns and sweet potato until combined.
- Brush a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter; add potato mixture. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of skillet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, goat cheese, cream, and remaining egg with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add thyme, basil, chives, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper, beating until combined. Spread cheese mixture into potato crust.
- Bake until filling is set and edges are just beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with pepper and basil, if desired.