When a delicious autumn crisp comes to mind, you probably don’t think to include vegetables. But the combination of seasonal fruits like cranberries and pears is the perfect contrast to sweet potatoes.
Sweet Potato-Pear-Cranberry Crisp
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, halved, and sliced ¼ inch thick crosswise
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and sliced ¼ inch thick lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup bourbon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed gingerbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together sweet potatoes, pears, cranberries, bourbon, granulated sugar, and lemon juice until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed cookies, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until combined. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle onto sweet potato mixture.
- Bake until sweet potatoes and pears are tender and topping is golden brown, 55 minutes to 1 hour, loosely covering with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning, if necessary. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before serving.