Fresh lemon and buttermilk give this quick bread bright flavor.
Zucchini Bread with Buttermilk-Lemon Glaze
Serves: Makes 1 (8-inch) loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons whole buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8x4-inch cast-iron loaf pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in zucchini. In a small bowl, combine milk, melted butter, zest, and egg. Pour over flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely on wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, buttermilk, and lemon juice. Drizzle over bread.