Tart, buttery, and crunchy, this dressing is a staff favorite.
Mini Cranberry-Pecan Cornbread Dressings
Makes 6 (6-inch) skillets
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2½ cups sliced leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 10 cups cubed day-old cornbread
- 2½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 6 (6-inch) cast-iron skillets on a rimmed baking sheet. Spray skillets with cooking spray
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberries, ¼ cup water, and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until berries have softened but not burst, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 15 minutes. Add ⅔ cup pecans, sage, and thyme; cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together leek mixture, cornbread, broth, eggs, salt, pepper, and 1 cup cranberries until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared skillets. Top with remaining ½ cup cranberries and remaining ⅓ cup pecans.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
This dressing can also be baked in one 12-inch skillet or a 13×9-inch baking dish.