Nothing is easier to prepare than this hearty and comforting casserole.
Makes about 6 servings
- 5 cups roughly chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1½ cups converted rice,* cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs, toasted
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cooked rice, 1 cup Cheddar, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Spoon mixture into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, Parmesan, and remaining 1 cup Cheddar. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 8 minutes more.