Buttered Asparagus and Spring Peas
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh English peas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus, and cook for 1 minute. Add peas; cook 1 minute more. Immediately drain, and rinse with cold water.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add blanched asparagus and peas to skillet. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add tarragon, parsley, chives, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined. Garnish with lemon, if desired.