With perfectly browned thighs and bright vegetables, this dish is a celebration of fresh spring produce and flavor.
Honey Chicken Thighs with Spring Vegetables
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large carrots, cut into 3x½-inch sticks or 12 baby carrots, tops removed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ pound sugar snap peas, halved if desired
- Garnish: fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in a small dish. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn, and cook 3 minutes more. Remove chicken from skillet; pour off drippings from skillet.
- Place carrots, garlic, and tarragon sprigs in skillet; top with chicken, skin side up.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, vinegar, and chopped tarragon; drizzle onto chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Add snap peas to skillet, and bake 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with tarragon, if desired.